Sunday, February 25, 2007

Untitled

I don't think I like this 3 hour process. Yesterday I did more like 2 hours, and it felt like torture. I don't know why, since I often write for that long anyway. Something about feeling forced into it. I might try it again starting at the beginning with my next story and see how that feels. I think I'm about done with the first draft of this one. It's bad, bad, bad, but it's down. I need to do some reading of other short stories to help me figure out ways out of the crap.

I have an idea for one of my annotations, which I'll get to today or early next week. I really need to figure out what the f I'm doing with those annotations since I haven't been as successful with them as I'd like (both in terms of mentor comments and my own learning). MFAers, I'll probably be bugging you about this via email in the near future... But I'm back invested in my reading, which is a good feeling. I hate when I can't get into stories/novels. It feels so strange.

OK, enough of my random Sunday musings. Best Blogger Tips

3 comments:

TI said...

It's because you *have* to that the two-three hour thing is not working. It's that Unschedule reverse psychology that is required here. I forgot to mention that. Tell yourself that you are NOT ALLOWED to spend more than 3 hours a day on your story (actually, he says 5). Not even if you want to. Soon enough, you will find yourself wanting to. We are such rule-breakers and hate being told what to do!

Writer Bug said...

I like it! Thanks.

Repeater said...

Hmmm, good idea ti. I may try that as well. Yes, I'm feeling forced & rushed trying to finish my rewrite before I go to work. I don't think it's going to happen.