- Because the people I met seemed to understand me, my fears as a writer and as a person, and why writing is so important.
- Because we all supported each other and each other's work in a way I haven't seen in a long time.
- Because I wasn't afraid to say what was on my mind, be it about a stupid fight I had with my husband, why I hated a seminar, or why the temperature was just perfect.
- Because I felt included and like I belonged in a group of practical strangers.
- Because people were honest about my work in a nice way.
- Because I felt, for the first time in recent history, like I might, just might, be able to enjoy the process instead of feeling like I need to reach some outside goal.
- Because afterwards, again for the first time in recent history, I was able to spend a day relaxing and not feeling like I should be doing something.
I'm sure there are a thousand others. If you've recently had an experience like mine, post and tell me why it was so great!