Friday, July 28, 2006

Sunday Scribblings: My two cents

I'm happy to get to this Sunday scribbling on Friday, since this weekend will be a busy one, with a friend in town from the West coast, an all day folk concert to hit tomorrow, and a friend's baby shower on Sunday. So, here goes.

Just My Two Cents
I say it when I'm not confident in whatever will precede or follow.
I say it to mask the fact that whatever I said is important to me.
I say it to mask the fact that whatever I said should be important to you.
I say it to blunt criticism you need to hear.
I say it when I don't want to seem pushy, even though that's exactly what I want to be.
I say it too often. Best Blogger Tips

13 comments:

Kamsin said...

Great post, I really like your take on the prompt! And thanks for visiting my blog.

Idiot Cook said...

Hahahaha! I read this RIGHT after reading your comment on my poem post, where you used "my two cents."

Now, I know the secrets behind your words!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow - I like the way you talked about "the mask" aspect of it. I never thought about it that way, but you're right; I do the same.

Wow! Eye-opener indeed.

-Aly

paris parfait said...

A unique twist on the prompt. Interesting concept about saying "my two cents' worth" to mask or lesson the blow of some hard truths Well done.

Mimey said...

Beautiful. I like the masks best of all, although my masks are different.

Pacian said...

I don't say it often at all, but I do say it for the same reasons. Thank you for writing this. :-)

January said...

I love how you break down the topic and examine it from so many angles. Thanks for the post!

gma said...

Great post!

Anonymous said...

This is like the other side of the coin (sorry, couldn't resist!) from my blog on the prompt.

I really liked seeing this from another angle. Really interesting take on the prompt...thanks!

Writer Bug said...

Thanks to everyone who posted, and welcome to the people who are new to my blog! I'll check out your blogs this week and say hello.

Kim G. said...

I had to chuckle at your post because your thoughts perfectly describe my motivation for my "2 cents" topic that I picked! Something I wanted to talk with a friend about, but didn't have the courage to do so!

Going For Greatness said...

love your take on the prompt here. I didn't even think if it that way, especially your comments about it being a mask!
~Gabi

Roadchick said...

The mask reference is amazing - very stong and so very true.
What a great post!