The wierd thing is that I don't really feel nervous about the residency. No, I haven't done my reading yet, but I've got weeks to get that done. And I'm really psyched to see all my buddies again. I guess getting workshopped is always nerve-racking, but I should be used to that by now... What could it be?
I guess it will be a break from my routine, which may be causing anxiety? Though that's not usually my M.O.... Maybe getting a new mentor? That will be a scary change since I loved my current one so much... Maybe part of me isn't happy with what I accomplished this semester? Though I wouldn't be surprised because I'm psycho like that, I should be very proud of myself. Maybe making a list of writing accomplishments will help:
- Wrote 2 short stories that are on their way to being finished. Definitely the best writing I've done ever.
- Wrote everyday, between blogging and morning pages.
- Wrote 2 essays that I consider done.
- Started submitting them places. Though they haven't found a home yet, at least I'm in the game.
- Reinforced my writing community, through blogging and meeting with locals like BostonErin and Poetmom.
- Pitched and got assigned some articles for the Globe.
- Started taking myself more seriously as a creative writer.