Friday, July 04, 2008

word quotas


I can't believe how much this word quota is getting my butt in the chair. Without it, there's no way I would've opened up my laptop and written as I watched the fireworks on TV. I've got no money riding on this, just pride: I made a vow to write 350, four days a week and since I'm quite the procrastinator, if I don't write today, tomorrow, and Sunday, I'll miss my mark the first week out of the gate. So I wrote.


Happy 4th!! Hope you had as inspiring a time watching the fireworks as I did.
Two ideas for future posts: what makes a book "chick lit", and is the very term sexist? And trying to get my hubby to fulfill his writing goals.
Best Blogger Tips

4 comments:

Idiot Cook said...

Yay, Bug! Keep going!

Anonymous said...

I'm interested to see how you feel about "chick lit." I want to more deeply understand why I shy away from certain books and am attracted to others (I shy away from things I label "chick lit").

Your word quota is 350 a day? Do you find that you go over it sometimes? And do blogs count?

Writer Bug said...

Thanks for your comments!

Ferocious, I do go over sometimes (which is a good thing, of course!) I don't count blog entries, just writing towards a short story or essay.

I'll get on that chick lit post, now that I know someone is looking for it!

TI said...

I haven't started trying yet. Tonight's the night: 250 words!