Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Wednesday Wrap Up (1)

Welcome to my first Wednesday Wrap Up, a post where I will publicly declare whether I made my goal of writing 350 words per day, four days of each week.

This first week, I did not make my goal. Whamp-waa (the sound effect from games shows when a person loses).

On the positive side, I did write two days of 350 words, and I know I wouldn't have done so had I not been trying to meet my weekly goal. So, I'm going to count this week as a partial success in that it is allowing me to slowly get into my new writing routine.

Final judgement: Thumbs sideways. Best Blogger Tips

4 comments:

TI said...

Bravo. A partial success is a step in the right direction.

Becca said...

Hey, Bug, good to see you back.

I have a new prompt going on Wednesdays that might provide you with a little incentive for your 350 words. It's called Write On Wednesday, and it has it's own home here:

http://writeonwednesday.wordpress.com

Come visit!

Idiot Cook said...

I think this is more than a partial success, to be honest. Also...I think we need to revise our rule...I think that doing something with our writing--revising, researching markets and submitting, etc--in addition to actual "new" writing should counts. So if you spend an hour revising, that should "count" as the 350 words. Keep at it, Bug!

Rachel said...

Thanks for your comment! That's a great goal--quantifiable and attainable. My weekly goal is to finish a craft project a week, and I get a 'sideways thumb' too! I finished my mom's present, but didn't get it to her on her birthday. (insert buzzer sound here!)