Saturday, March 03, 2007

Final countdown

With only 6 days* to go until I need to submit my next MFA work, I need a backwards schedule. Here goes:

This weekend:
Finish preliminary revision of my story, finish first drafts of both annotations (which will involve rereading one story)

Monday:
Do a revision focusing only on making sure each sentence, scene, word is necessary. Also start thinking about the heart of the story and whether it is best expressed (Thanks TI)

Tuesday:
Another focused revision, this time going into each scene and making sure it is strong enough. This will mostly mean doing what I said in my last post about getting fully into the scene and making sure it is described well. Also what BostonErin said about making sure the reader can "see" each scene well.

Wednesday
Go over the mechanics that Carolee suggested in my last post's comments.

Thursday
Read story aloud.

*I'm going away on a yoga retreat next weekend and so I need, need, need to be done with everything on Friday so I can fully relax all weekend. Best Blogger Tips

4 comments:

Idiot Cook said...

Schedule looks good...you can do it! :)

TI said...

Does that mean you're done with your annotations? I'm still reading! I like your schedule. Looks doable, and you'll have earned your retreat for sure!

Repeater said...

Good luck getting it all done- looks very reasonable.
I'm dreaming of yoga retreats.
I may not be blogging the next few days as my schedule picks up, but I'll catch up with you all soon!

January said...

Can I join you on your Yoga retreat? Sounds FABU!

I do like the way you attack process. Good luck with your goals. I'm looking forward to catching up with your blog posts.