Thursday, August 16, 2007

city living blues

We've had trouble with our upstairs neighbors since they moved in. They're loud, loud people who LOVE to blast gross techno music. We've finally, FINALLY started making headway with them (after getting into a screaming match in the middle of the street this winter).

And then, our neighbors on one side (our houses are separated by like 10 feet of grass) have decided that it'd be a fabulous idea to start hanging out in their parking lot, which is very close to our backyard, porch, and bedroom, playing--you guessed it--gross techno and house music out of the back of their car. Oh, and their teens also just sit in the parking lot at all hours of the day/night and rap/talk really loudly.

I'm trying to figure who to talk to--they're renters and I have no idea who owns the building. I wish I had faith enough to try to talk to their mom or them directly, but dealing with Tweedle Dum and Dummer upstairs has sucked that faith right out of me.

I swear, it's only since we bought a place that we've ever had serious neighbor problems. Why oh why does this have to be the case, when we can't move (easily)???

My annoyance about this (which I swear is about to bring me to tears) is amplified by the fact that thanks to food poisining, I haven't left the house in two days. Only 1.4 years until B finishes school and we can move...
OK, rant over. Best Blogger Tips

6 comments:

TI said...

Sorry to hear about your food poisoning. Tht'll give anyone a short fuse! We also have renters living all around us but we're mostly spared the loud music. Do you have central air conditioning? I found that once we put that in summer's became quieter because we kept the windows closed at night. That has it's own downside, but it means that the neighbours can't really bother us even when they're hanging out on their deck, which is practically under our bedroom windows.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Bug, that SUCKS. I wonder if you call a local real estate office, if they'll be able to find out the landlord? Worth a shot.

And I'm with Ti on the white noise. Try an A/C or window fan to drown the music out--you might still have to live with pounding bass beats, though. : (

Writer Bug said...

Thank you both. TI, it helps to know that others deal with similar things. It just makes me so mad that our neighbors seem to have no regard for the fact that they have neighbors living so close... Of course, they're kids, and I should know better than to expect that from them... Anyway, I'll be dreaming of country living this weekend as my anger dances to the bam bam bam of their bass.

Repeater said...

So sorry. Man, I just can't help you, but I do feel for you. I'd try talking to them directly. Sometimes people get shamed if you're straightforward with them & more aggressive if you don't dare say anything.

DJPare said...

That sucks!! Doesn't it seem like you're always surrounded by inconsiderate people...And I just can never figure out how people can either be so oblivious or just not give a shit - where's the karma? They should get theirs!! :)

I love that you know it's 1.4 years.

Unknown said...

My horrible upstairs neighbors got evicted and finally moved out a few weeks ago. Boy can I sympathize with you..there were many sleepless nights, calls to the police etc...
I cannot wait until I have 4 walls of my own someday.
Hang in there.