I'm a social person. I need to go out. I also need to take care of my house, do freelance work, do volunteer work, and do other crafts. I say "need" because really, those things are important to me and make my life happy. Just like I need to write.
So here's my new plan. I'll let you know how it works out!
- During the week, my work days will be devoted to my day job and only my day job. Duh. Sounds obvious, but I can get distracted at times, as I'm sure we all can. But with the economy being how it is, I need to be more productive than ever at work.
- I'll go out 2 nights a week after work for drinks, yoga, knitting group, or dinner with friends.
- The other 2 nights, I'll go home and take care of house stuff and write for at least 1 hour (or take care of writing business, such as submissions).
- The leftover weeknight will be flexible--some weeks I'll go out, some I'll write.
- Saturdays will be my writing day. I will write for at least 3 hours every Saturday. I'll also get stuff done around the house as needed, and devote at least 2 hours to freelancing.
- Saturday nights will be a date night with Brian most of the time (the exceptions would be for parties we're invited to as a couple, family stuff, etc.)
- Sunday will be a more social day for knitting groups, book groups, dinner with friends/family.
If I can implement this plan, I think I'd be very happy with this life!