Monday, October 29, 2007

Creature of habit?

I'm not someone who loves schedules. Or at least I wasn't. Then this weekend things got very thrown off--I stayed out too late and drank too much on Friday, so I slept late on Saturday. Then I was up again super late on Saturday for a wedding. I slept a little late on Sunday, but managed to get a bunch of work done anyway. Sunday night I stayed up til 11, watching the Red Sox (slightly later than usual for me on a weeknight).

This morning, I felt rested, but super cranky! I was in one of those moods where everything seemed annoying, even my being annoyed. I can think of a few other good reasons why I might've felt this way, but I think my schedule being messed up all weekend had something to do with it.

Back to my normal schedule of writing, knitting (more on the affects of being OCD about anything, even benign things like knitting later), and going to sleep early. Best Blogger Tips

2 comments:

TI said...

Hope your knitting injury is not too severe. Is that one of the effects? I can relate about schedules being thrown off. There is something wonderful about routine. Maybe because of the inherent instability of the writing life, the presence of a routine provides some structure and consistency.

Writer Bug said...

Thanks TI! Yes, I am talking about my tendonitis. I got a knitting glove, which seems to be helping. Maybe this is a sign I need to do something else for a little while!