Monday, February 09, 2009

Muse and the Marketplace

I just signed up for Grub Street's Muse and the Marketplace I am very excited to go to this event. I have wanted to for a few years, but it just didn't make sense when I was in my MFA program and getting similar lectures and discussions there.
But now that I am out of school, I have a perfect excuse to check it out. It's pricey, though, so I was wavering. But I ultimately decided to go for one day (Sunday) AND to sign up to meet with an agent! That's an add on (read: more money) but I figured it could be worth it if the agent and I hit it off. And if not, it'll be an experience at least. I'm sure I'll learn something.
Plus, it makes me want to have 20 really polished pages of my novel ready by April so I can give her that to read, as opposed to a short story. While I'm hoping to publish my short stories in magazines, I don't necessarily want to publish a collection of them, especially since people don't really buy story collections that often. (Not that all novels sell well, either, I know.) Best Blogger Tips

No comments: