Wednesday, November 05, 2008

NaNoWriMo: Day 5

I broke the 9,000 word barrier! Which means that tomorrow, assuming all goes as planned, I'll hit 10,000 and be 1/5 done! I feel like I'm just getting into the meat of the novel, and I'm excited. I know the next two major plot points, and it feels good to have some direction.

I believe MC goes to NY to talk to the guy who was dating her sister when she committed suicide. They haven't talked since her funeral 5 years earlier, but MC wants to ask him if he has any more information now about why she might've done what she did.

From the boyfriend, MC learns that her sister had been in touch with her dad, which MC didn't know. (Their dad left when they were little and started a new family somewhere else.) MC then goes to see him. Not sure what happens after that... Best Blogger Tips

7 comments:

TI said...

That's so amazing. It really hasn't taken you long to hit your stride. It's so exciting to follow your progress!

Writer Bug said...

Thanks TI! I think all that writing I did for Lesley has definitely given me a leg up. My writing muscles feel ready. That said, I'm terrified that next week I will lose all this momentum and crash.

Michelle said...

You are inspiring me. I am going to write all night!

Michelle

TI said...

My advice: don't think about next week. Think about the writing you're doing right now.

Writer Bug said...

Go Michelle, Go! And as always, good advice TI!

Anonymous said...

Yay, yay, yay, Bug! Keep going! You can do it!

DJPare said...

Nice work, dude!
Keep it going!