Tuesday, October 13, 2009

More on saying no

If I believed in the universe sending me messages, I would take getting this article in my email box about the freedom that comes from being able to say no as a sign. Especially since it comes on the heals of my post about setting limits.

Along those lines, my friend Shannon just wrote about fitting creative pursuits into her life in a beautifully titled post, Row by Row.

Even if I don't believe the "universe" is sending me this message, I'm picking up on it none the less. Must. Say. No. Best Blogger Tips

2 comments:

Kelli Russell Agodon - Book of Kells said...

The universe is sending me this message too.

I have gotten better at saying, "Let me think about that" because when I first hear an idea it might make me excited or I don't want to let the person down, or or or... There are a thousand reasons we say yes, but when I say, "Let me think about that" it allows me the time to really consider if I want to do something or not.

I think I have been practicing this my whole life. ;-)

Good post! And remember (and this is going to sound so dorky but I remember someone saying this)-- Saying no to others is saying yes to you. --- I know, cheesy! But true!

Idiot Cook said...

Amen, Bug.