Friday, November 20, 2009

New blog element

Check out the left hand column for my list of "desert island books," aka books I could read over and over and over again. I'm sure there are some I've forgotten, and hopefully I'll come across many more in my reading path...I was happily surprised to see how many short story collections are on there. I tend to plow through novels, but savor short stories, so maybe that's why. I'm still contemplating a book of poetry that should go on there. Will fill you in when I decide...

How about you, what are your desert island books? Best Blogger Tips

6 comments:

TI said...

I don't want to meddle, but I think you mean: 'DESERT' not 'DESSERT' -- but a dessert island would be pretty awesome too: all the brownies and carrot cake you can eat!

Writer Bug said...

LOL, yes, I meanst one s desert. But I agree that I would love to be stranded on a dessert island--mountains made of cupcakes, a sea of icing... Yum! Sounds like a good idea for a children's book about easily mixed up words...Hm. I like that idea! Maybe I'll try to write it after getting through this novel...

Erin Dionne said...

My desert island books:

THE STAND, by Stephen King. Epic battle of good and evil
THE GIVER, by Lois Lowry
..I'm sure there are others that I can't remember right now.
A blank journal and endless supply of pens!

Kim said...

Nice list:) I think the only one I haven't read is the Oscar Wilde. It'll be fun to think up my own desert island list. I'll let you know. Happy Thanksgiving!

Idiot Cook said...

I like your list (and Bird by Bird would be on mine, for sure). Some others on mine: The Little Prince, Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume, My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult, and I like Erin's suggestion of notebooks and endless supplies of pens.

Writer Bug said...

I need to reread the Little Prince. I definitely loved that one. Charlotte's Web, too.