Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Forgotten step

I forgot a very important step between writing and editing--letting the story sit! So I'm leaving the Obit story alone for a while. Instead I'm writing a first draft of another story I've been thinking about for a while. This one is about a woman who goes home to see her parents after a break-up, but doesn't find the consolation she needs there. I'm not really sure what will happen. I guess that's the fun of the first draft!

I'm also gearing up for NaNoWriMo. I can't wait! Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you on starting another story! It's good to have more than one piece going, I think. Keeps you engaged, eliminates and supposed "blocks" (which I don't really believe in, anyway.) Thinking about nanowrimo but not sure I maintain the forward motion. I got to 22,000 words one year. Keep us current!