Thursday, March 31, 2011

I felt such a sense of relief when I read this

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
— Albert Einstein

It actually brings tears to my eyes. Think it's a sign I should stop worrying about all the trees I can't climb and focus instead on how well I can swim? Methinks it might be...

What are your trees vs. streams? Feel free to discuss in the comments. Best Blogger Tips

8 comments:

Phil said...

Brilliant quote. Einstein should've written novels.

vixie said...

how true..
we often tend to overlook the fact that the reason of any of our failures..is not that we aren't capable..
Its just that our technique..our medium is wrong..
Beautiful quote..:):):)
and a good read.. :)

Writer Bug said...

Phil--interesting thought. What would Einstein have written about?...And I discovered yet another tree this weekend. Figuring out the best way to do house renovations? Not my forte...

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, That quote reminds me of one by Satish Kumar. I am paraphrasing, but he said that every artist is a special kind of person and every person is a special kind of artist. I will find the exact quote for you. S

alienbody said...

I happened upon your blog by clicking "next blog"...I do need to remember to do that more often! Love the Einstein quote - thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I love this quote! I posted it on my blog just now after seeing it here.

Anonymous said...

Wtf this is the craziest quote i have ever heard. Why be a smart ass and just tell it like it is.

SNK Social Fame said...

Thank you for this blog. This for very interesting and useful. Buy Instagram Followers In India