One of my favorite creative outlets is gift giving. What better way to use your creative/crafty talents than by sharing them with the ones you love?
This is one of my go-to gifts for new parents: a diaper cake!
It's very simple to make, and people seem to love them. Here's a step by step:
1. Buy a pretty plate, preferably something with the design on the edge of the plate, so you can see it when the "cake" is on it.
2. Buy diapers, and roll about 20 individual diapers, tying each with a ribbon.
3. Then place the rolled diapers on the plate, standing them up longwise. Use enough of the rolls to cover the main part of the plate. Then tie another ribbon around the whole layer of diapers.
4. Repeat, making the second and third layers smaller, so the cake is tiered.
5. For the finishing touch, I use basket wrap, which you can get at craft stores. It's basically a cellophane bag that you place the gift in, tie the top with yet another ribbon, and then use your blowdryer to make the cellophane shrink to fit the gift. If you don't want to buy this type of wrapper, you could also use colored saran wrap.
You can also tuck little gifts into the tier ties, such as pacifiers or small toys.
Ta-dah! A gift that's sure to be a hit at your next baby shower.