Friday, May 22, 2009

Dear blog

I'm so sorry for ignoring you, blog! Things have been crazy, with a ton of day-job work, and a trip to Ireland (pictures to come!), as well as some gardening and house projects. Phew. I've been busy! But I do promise to try to be better about getting over here to muse about writing and the writing life.

In the meantime, here are some quotes I came across today on Post Secret, one of my favorite blogs of all time. These are pieces of advice to graduates. If there are any readers out there who haven't given up on me, I hope you enjoy these:

“He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.”

Contrary to popular belief, these are not the best years of your life, just the least complicated.

"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There will never be anyone youer than you."

"The hardest part isn't finding who we need to be. It's being content with who you are." Best Blogger Tips

2 comments:

Akshay L said...

hey very interesting blog :) You should check out mine sometime. I saw that you listen to iron & wine.

Ivy and Haley said...

It's funny that you posted this, because I actually found your blog by reading through the post secret blog.

I liked what you wrote on post secret, especially about writing a journal. One of my favorite teachers gave me a journal once. She said "write wonderful things" and I try to uphold that.

Come visit our blog! And comment please, we love comments :)
http://ivyandhaley.blogspot.com

Ivy