Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Scribblings: Dear Past Me, Dear Future Me

It's been a loooong time since I scribbled. But I like this prompt and am going to use it to brainstorm from the point of view of the main character in the novel I'm working on. Here goes.

Dear Past Me/Future Me,
What the f*ck? Is this some therapy bullshit? That crap does not work, I don't care what all those shrink-a-dinks say.

Ok, that skepticism out of the way, here goes. I wish I could tell a past me to cherish my time with Carrie, that the time will end much too soon. And that things are not always what they appear. Someone who seems much more stable and happy than you yourself are might actually be way more f*cked up. F*cked up enough to take her own life. Oh, and past me? You yourself are not suicidal and you never will be, so give up on that messed up "dream" before it takes hold of you and won't let go until a monsoon-like October after your 30th birthday.

Future me? What can I tell you? I don't even know who you are. And I guess that's as exciting as it is scary.

XO,
Em Best Blogger Tips

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah .. intriguing! And so true - we none of us know who our 'Future Me' is. The best we can do is guess. Or dream, and take aim.

Sounds like a psychologically deep novel you're writing there!

Idiot Cook said...

Love the raw, honest emotion here, Bug. Hugs!

Writer Bug said...

Thanks Jay and RB!

Patois42 said...

Yeah, new age bs I can live without. I did manage to talk a tad with the past me. Didn't help. I still smoked.

Tammy Brierly said...

I love the honesty and am glad you will have that future.

Tumblewords: said...

Nicely done - this should be a great help in character fleshing...

Writer Bug said...

Thanks all!